Busy with kids and there tantrums. When will I find a good nanny. The strangest part is my kids aren’t going for play dates because I don’t have a maid to go with them, best still taking them myself for birthday parties shows I don’t do anything. Wake Up Delhi the rest of the world raises kids themselves without nanny’s. Trust me it’s harder than a full time corporate job but I hope it pays off in the end.I had so much fun doing all the fondant flowers for my nani’s 80th birthday and this is what I created. Each flower is two flowers stuck together with buttercream piped in the center.
|Devil Food Chocolate Cake with chocolate ganache filling along with fondant flowers.|
I would like to share with you my nani’s Banana Loaf recipe. It’s a great simple recipe.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C. Line the loaf tins.
- Beat the sugar and the butter in a free standing beater till light and fluffy.
- Add the beaten eggs to the butter mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients alternating with the milk.
- Mash the banana’s and add to the cake batter.
- Finally melt the gur and add to the cake batter.
- Bake the loaf for 45 minutes or till done.
- The banana’s have to be overripe otherwise the colour of the cake will be too light.
- The mixture will be a bit wobbly; don’t worry.
- The cake should be consumed in 2 days; as fruit should always be consumed when fresh.
It takes a lot to find a really good recipe and then to say yes! it’s a keep recipe. I found one last week.
What’s keep recipe anything that is easy to organize and easy to do. The most important where the ingredients are easy to find.
Recipe : Chocolate Banana muffins
3 very overripe banana
100g soft light brown sugar
225g plain flour
3 x 15 ml tbsp cocoa powder sifted
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree C. Place the muffin liners in the muffin pan.
- Mash the bananas by with a freestanding mixer.
- Still beating and mashing, add the oil followed by the beaten eggs and the sugar.
- Sieve the flour,soda and cocoa powder together. Beating gently to the banana mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool and then remove from the pan.