The thing I hate most is food going bad especially fruit.Hint hint whenever some fruit is going bad think of me and I’ll convert it into a dessert for you at no cost. Amanat’s Great Women Of History Tea Party, morning breakfast we forgot to serve the strawberries. I decided to stew them and freeze them. I kept thinking what should I make ? Strawberry Tart would be great making a gluten free tart requires a lot o work and now with 3 kids I needed something quick so I decided to bake a Strawberry and Lemon Tea Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting. I think I am such a “Tea Cake Girl”.
Recipe : Gluten Free Strawberry and Lemon Tea Cake:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 no eggs
1 1/2 cup BFMH Gluten Free Flour Blend or any gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh cream (malai is the best)
1 cup fresh strawberries coated with 2 tbsp of flour blend.
1tbsp chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and prepare a loaf pan.
- Beat the butter till smooth then add the sugar. Whisk nicely adding the eggs one by one.
- Whisk together the flour blend, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the lemon juice to the buttermilk.
- Add the flour blend and buttermilk mixture alternately. Don’t over beat.
- Prepare the strawberries by cutting them and coating them with 2tbsp of flour blend.
- Gently fix the strawberries, fresh cream,lemon zest and chia seeds.
- Bake for atleast 45 minutes, remove from the oven and allow it to rest in the pan for atleast 20 minutes.
- Cool the cake and make a vanilla cream cheese frosting ( recipe already on the blog).
- Fresh Cream is really good to use in gluten free recipes to increase the softness.
- Chia Seeds or Flax Seeds once bloomed add the extra protein.
- I believe in making homemade buttermilk. It’s the best just whisk curd with vinegar or milk and curd and let it stand in the fridge for 30 minutes.