|Gluten Free Baked Doughnuts|
I woke up on Sunday morning around 5:30 am after feeding Armaan and thought of trying to make doughnuts yet again.The weather was perfect and the kids had a long day playing a chess tournament. I felt I needed to make it special.
Just before Mannat got diagnosed with a gluten allergy he had tired doughnuts at the mall and had loved them. I can still hear his innocent voice asking me “Mummy, will I never be able to eat a doughnuts again?” and I was choking and saying don’t worry mummy will make them for you. My lovely student Zoya who too has a gluten allergy once sent me a lovely recipe for doughnuts which I made but these were fried doughnuts and somehow I wasn’t happy with them.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F and prepare the doughnut tray.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together coconut flour,castor sugar,baking soda, desiccated coconut and salt. Mix it together ensure all lumps are removed.
- Blend the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix the flour fixture into egg mixture to make a smooth batter.
- Bake the doughnuts for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and remove them from the tray.
- Once cooled over warm ganache or sprinkle sugar.