|Rich Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache and Buttercream along with fondant hearts|
Raising kids is such a challenge; thank you Mummy for helping me grow up. I never realized that it was so much work. Sometimes I feel like taking a break.. oh! just wake up from sleep and they grow up.
I made a lovely cake that I thought I should share “Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake” it was really nice and moist, the chocolate felt mild as the orange juice and zest made the cake so soft and easy to eat. The cake was so nice and light that along with the kids I ate most of the cake.
Recipe : Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake
150gm soft unsalted butter
2x15ml tbsp golden syrup ( I used maple syrup )
175gm brown sugar
150gm plain flour
1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
25gm cocoa powder
zest of 2 oranges and juice of 1
- Preheat the oven to 170 C and grease and dust flour in your loaf tin.
- Beat the room temperature butter with the maple syrup and the sugar in a free-standing fixer.
- Mix the flour,soda,cocoa and beat into the syrup mixture 1 tbsp of the dry ingredients before beating 1 egg. Then add another couple of spoonfuls and then the egg.
- Carry on beating in the remaining dry ingredients and then add the zest and finally the juice.The mixture will look slightly curdled. Don’t panic.
- Pour in the tin and bake for 45 minutes. The cake tester won’t come out completely clean. Leave it to cool on a wire rack.
- Use fresh orange juice only. In India, you might need to use 2 orange juices if you don’t have really good oranges.
- The cake should be made for an afternoon;it’s not a cake that can be iced and decorated.