I was organizing one such dinner two weeks ago. The menu was Spinach & Grilled Peppers with Feta Cheese, Crumb Crusted Chicken marinated in Buttermilk, Broccoli, Corn and Mushroom Quiche, Beans in a Lemon Casserole, Molten Chocolate Cake and Blueberry Cheese Cake. Ok! if I invite you in the next 2 weeks and cook the same food don’t blame me it’s easy and end of summer meal.
Baking for me is all about rolling and smell of baked cakes.Well, though I know a lot people love Cheese Cakes. I love eating them but it’s not my favourite thing to bake. It’s to set and cold.
My very good friend Prerna encouraged me to bake a cheese cake and gave me a recipe of hers to use. She allowed me to post it so here it goes…
Recipe : Cheese Cake
15 graham crackers, crushed
2 tbsp. butter, melted
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup milk
4 no. eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of spring form pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.
- Keeping your oven door closed will ensure that your cake doesn’t get any cracks.
- I added blueberries in my cheese cake and then made a glaze of blueberries on top. A glaze is basically sugar and water cooked into a syrup with a fruit.
|Blueberry Cheese Cake|